What information do we collect?
When making an enquiry on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Laura Rodriguez.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.brooklandscommercialfinance.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of making an enquiry, subscribing to our newsletter, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience
- (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
- (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
- (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic information about our products or services
- The email address, telephone number and any contact details you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an enquiry in our enquiry form.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In addition we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us by using the contact details below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
This policy was last modified in November 2014.
Brooklands Commercial Finance
4a Guildford Road